Friday, December 14, 2007

Date night with the sweetest guy under 4 foot tall

Once a month the kids get a special date night. This month it is with me and next month it is with dad.

Tonight Trey and I went and finished some Christmas shopping and picked up 2 gifts for birthday parties tomorrow. We had dinner while we were out and they headed to Blades to go ice skating. It was so good to get some much needed one-on-one time with my son. Since Audrey's birth, our time together has been as a family. The time we have had as a family of 5 has been great but we also really needed some time to re-connect individually. Both Trey and Devyn really thrive on special time with Dante and I and it reaps so many rewards for our family. Overall behavior is better and they just seem more happy.

Last Friday night Devyn and I went to dinner, My Little Pony Live, and to Starbucks for hot chocolate after. I didn't tell her what we were doing until we got there. I told her to get dressed up and we were going to have a special night. She was so excited once she figured out where we were. :) She is such a sweet little girl and our night together was very special for both of us.

Here are a few pics from our night out:




I am so sad I forgot the camera tonight when we went skating. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.