Wednesday, December 31, 2008

You look tired today

"You look tired today". That is a nice way of saying you look like crap I think, right??

I got up early this morning and actually took time putting on my make-up and curling my hair, which I rarely do anymore. With 3 little kids, sleep is more valued than looking pretty. Just sayin'. So imagine my disgust when someone walks into my office this morning and says, "You look really tired today, are you okay??" Ugh. And here I thought I looked hot today, lol. Snap. It may have to do with the fact that I was up til 5am on Friday night and 2 am on Saturday night. My body is still trying to get re-adjusted. I am just too old to have the wild and crazy nights like I use too. :D

We had a great Christmas. It was the normal holidays. We went to my mother-in-laws the Saturday before, Adam's sister's house for Chirstmas Eve, my brother and Lucia's for Christmas day, and my father-in-law's for the Saturday after. It was really busy, but nice. Friday night my cousins Micah, Daniele and her hubby, Jeremy, came into town (hence the late nights). We had a "Rock Band" and dance party til 4am the first night with them, my brother, Lucia, and Dani's friend Adam. It was a blast! Good honest and clean fun. Saturday night we went to Crazy Crocs Tavern and then we all realized we were too tired and decided IHOP sounded better than beer.

This week has been dragging. I am so glad we get tomorrow off. I will work Friday and then have 3 more days off. Hopefully I will fully recover by then! Tomorrow night is girl's night out. Nothing crazy, I promise. My wild nights usually consist of getting a double shot latte and then not being able to go to bed until 1am because I'm too hyped up on caffiene. That is how we roll friends. You can't tame these girls. ;) I am very excited to get some time to hang out with my new friend, Brynn (hi Brynn, if you are reading!). I met her through our Krafty Ladies Group and she lives just down the street. We hit it off really well and the kids had a blast playing with her 3 little ones. I am always down for a new scrapbooking buddy as long as Texas doesn't try and steal her like it did Crystal and Jess! :( Good girlfriends are really hard to come by and she seems like such a sweet girl. :) She even offered to take my kids while we recovered on Saturday, lol. What a sweetheart. Noami is coming to GNO also and we haven't gotten to hang out much lately, so yay!

Right now I am sitting here listening to Etta James and Otis Redding trying to get motivated to get some things done. My desk is a mess, I have some slides I need to complete for a meeting I am presenting at in Atlanta, I have a drug inventory to complete, some filing to code and absolutely no motivation to get it done. I am living in the land of manana today. My brain is still in vacation mode.

2 comments:

Cori said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas.

Too bad Atlanta is 4 hours away from me. ;)

Natasha said...

You always look beautiful so I feel like kicking the person that told you that you look tired. I am sure you looked pretty as you always do. I miss you lots, so much that it makes me sad :(.